Minnesota Family Law Lawyer


The mother and father of a child born to a mother who was not married to the child’s father when the child was conceived nor when the child was born may, in a writing signed by both of them before a notary public, declare and acknowledge under oath that they are the biological parents of the child.  This is known as a Declaration of Parentage.  In the event there is no Declaration of Parentage signed, a person believing he is the biological father of a child may seek to establish Paternity through the Courts.

If Paternity has been acknowledged by way of a Declaration of Parentage or Established through Court proceedings, the Father may also Petition for rights of parenting time or custody in an independent action.

Call Lundgren Law Office at 612-333-3908 for your free case evaluation.

Be Sociable, Share!
  • vuible Paternity
  • more Paternity